Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lessons from a three year old

   Our trip to Alabama has been a huge success so far! The boys did amazing on the trip down. I made the 5 1/2 hour trip with only one pit stop, pretty impressive if I do say so myself. How did the activity book go over you ask? It was a huge hit! You can read about the activity book here. It kept him busy for a good chunk of time on the trip and it has been a great tool to use at grandparents houses while we are here. It gives him a little bit of normality to each morning since he is used to our activities at home.

    Being at my parents house this week has shown me something. I have been reminded of how my three year old needs chill time as much as I do. Yes I have used teachable moments that have come up while being here just like I would at home, but he has loved the laid back days that we have had. I think I put so much pressure on myself to make sure I'm teaching him during the week that I forget to just enjoy the day. I love unplanned, no expectations, lazy days with my little man! There really is a time and place for everything and today was a lesson from my three year old on how to let go. I'm excited about homeschooling him and the things we will explore, but I'm more excited about the memories that we will make on the way and seeing the world through his eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment