Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Here we go...

    Well, it's only the second day of the year and it's proving to be an exciting one already! Milt and I had decided a few weeks back that if we were going to pursue a second vehicle (and "if" is more like "when") one of us would need to get a second job. Since my job outside of wife/mother is part-time at Crossings on Sundays, it sounded like a nice change of pace to work a couple nights a week somewhere. We knew it would either be a welcomed change of pace or extremely overwhelming and more than I could handle on top of my avg. nightly sleep of around 4-5 hours. The more we talked about it the more overwhelmed I became. The boys are in such unique stages right now (I am starting to get a pre-school routine going at home with Cooper, and Reid is still in a "need mommy at all times" stage.) Thinking of how I would juggle all this just didn't make good sense so it was put on the back burner.

    I have spent a good chunk of time searching for the right preschool resources for Cooper. He is incredibly smart and just outright asks to be taught things. For example, we woke up one morning and Cooper asked to "do school" about fish. We were in a hurry to leave for a doctors appt. so I pulled up a Discovery Channel clip online about clown fish. He watched it happily while we got ready to leave. Once we arrived at the doctors office, guess what I had never noticed before in our doctors' waiting room fish tank?.......Clown fish! Cooper immediately ran up to the tank with three other kids standing there and looked at them and said, very matter of factly......."You know where clown fish live?....In an anemone." I wanted to explain to all the parents who stared at me with dropped jaws that he had learned that info only 20 minutes ago. I decided to let them think my three year old is a genius, because to me he is! Back to the point. I have finally found a site that has incredible, well written Christian based homeschooling items. I am beyond excited to use it! It is going to let Cooper be a three year old and learn through play. I don't want him to grow up before he is ready or learn everything sitting behind a desk filling out worksheets. The lessons are well put together and the teacher in me is having Christmas all over again with the free printables! If you are mother of a toddler or preschooler please check it out. You won't be disappointed. www.1plus1plus1equals1.com

     As far as the second job goes, Milt received an email response a few months ago after applying at the Apple store. He had applied almost a year before. He declined an interview because we had just had Reid and I would have killed him if he was out of the house more than absolutely necessary! He sent them a response letting them know that he was still very interested and to keep his name "in the hat" for future openings, but our current situation required him to not pursue the job at the moment.
Yesterday, we decided that I would not pursue another job, and not 24 hrs later guess who sends Milt an email? .........Apple. He rsvp'd to their hiring event this Friday and we will go from there. Apple has always been a company that Milt would love to work for. He is an incredible graphic designer for Johnson University, but what better second job for a creative than Apple?! It is a great opportunity for our family and we are just continuing to pray that God opens the doors that are best for us and shuts the ones that we don't need to pursue. I know that if this doesn't work out that God is going to provide for our family somehow,  because he always has!

   2013 is going to be a great year. I have the most amazing husband and boys. I honestly cannot imagine what this year holds, but if it is anything like years past it will be anything but boring! I hope that you have a wonderful start to your year and that I can encourage you, and make you smile a little through each post.


~Amber C

 

No comments:

Post a Comment