Monday, July 23, 2012

The beginning....

So...........here it goes. I wanted a place to share life, thoughts, and what not that goes on in the Chamblee household. On June 30th of this year we became a family of four. We welcomed Reid into our family and haven't looked back since. I'll share his birth story with you soon :D I love having two boys. It is certainly not an easy feat, nor am I completely settled into having two kids. (Reid is only three weeks old so I feel like I have a little more time to adjust!) In these three weeks however I have had time to think about what I want them to experience as they grow up, what's the most important things to teach them, what kind of household I want them to have and what kind of men I want to try to raise them to be. I haven't covered all of those yet but I do know that I want them to be adventurers.  


"An adventure is defined as an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold,  risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome."


I want them to be bold and not try to fit in. I want them to grow up in a Christian household and look to Milt for how to be a godly man but make their christian walk personal and not ride on Milt and my faith. I want them to struggle with God on their own and go on an incredible and completely unique adventure with him that makes them fall in love with him more and more everyday. 


Having a house full of boys is amazing, crazy, and never dull. I love this life and raising my adventurers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment